Registered Nurse CDE
Registered Nurse CDE
- Req No:
- Health Care
- HEALTH CLINIC
- Closing Date:
- February 7, 2021
The Tulalip Tribes
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Native Preference in hiring shall apply to Tulalip Tribal job opportunities
Tribal Department: Diabetes Care and Prevention Program
Job Summary: Responsible for providing nursing care and diabetes education to young adults, seniors, elders with diabetes and pre-diabetes and their families. Coordinates care with the multidisciplinary team which may include PCP, Pharmacist, PT, RD, and Community Health Team to maximize the utilization of resources to problem solve and enhance patient care. Work closely with the clinical nursing team and acts as the liaison between clinic staff and other ancillary staff to ensure efficient patient care flow and continuity of care for patients and their families. Utilize highest level of clinical knowledge and experience to educate and assist patients in diabetes management, while applying sensitivity to cultural practices.
Requires a broad range of knowledge and experience related to diabetes, nutrition and patient care, including individual consultations, group and community education, curriculum development and the use of behavior change modalities to move people towards their health/wellness goals. Provide individualized diabetes self-management education and training according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional performance for Diabetes Educators (ADCES, 2020) and Indian Health Services Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI) requirements.
Compensation: $32.42 hr.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Certified Diabetes Educator certificate.
- Certified Insulin Pump Specialist.
Minimum Related Experience
- Two (2) years’ experience working with people with diabetes.
- Experience providing diabetes education in both a group and 1:1 setting.
- Continuous Glucose Monitor experience.
- Certified Insulin Pump Specialist or Trainer
- Valid driver’s license.
- Current BLS or CPR
- HIPAA certification upon hire.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Terms of Employment: This is a regular Full-Time position