Family Advocate (Male)
Family Advocate (Male)
- Req No:
- Social Services
- LEGACY OF HEALING
- Closing Date:
- February 24, 2020
THE TULALIP TRIBES
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Native Preference to hiring shall apply to the Tulalip Tribal job opportunities
Department: Children’s Advocacy Center/Legacy of Healing
Job Summary: The Male employee will work with Native American youth/adult males who have been victims of crime. Will utilize traditional teachings and culture as well as working with other departments and agencies to engage males in their community. Greets and offers general support to clients and their non-offending family members, visitors and professionals collaborating with staff to serve clients. Assists with facilitation of forensic interviews, occasional transports if needed, greets and makes the clients comfortable, visits with the family, and explains the forensic interview process. Conducts court tours with clients and non-offending family members prior to trial, and is the primary support person for clients and families during trial and post-trial. Assists with victim impact statements, including presenting Statements at Sentencing hearings on behalf of victims/clients. In addition, serves as a resource to clients and families, linking them with community resources to meet the various identified needs of clients.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
Minimum Related Experience
Two (2) years of experience working in an advocate role
One (1) year of experience working with children of various ages
One (1) year of experience keeping strict confidentiality of all information gained during the course of work, including information seen or heard.
- Must be male
- The Tulalip Tribes requires different levels of pre-employment background screening for all positions. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of these background checks.
- Must have and maintain a valid WA State Driver’s License and must adhere to the Tribal Insurance Policy (Driving Abstract required prior to employment and annually)
- Current CPR/AID- Will allow two (2) months to receive
- Advocate Core Training- will allow six (6) months to receive
- No alcohol or drug related criminal conviction within three (3) years and while employed.
- No Suspension, Last Chance Agreement (LCA), Dismissal or Demotion within three (3) years.
Terms of Employment: This is a Full Time position.