Professional Standards Manager
Professional Standards Manager
- Job ID:
- Req No:
- Tulalip, WA
- Tribal Police
- Closing Date:
- August 25, 2019
THE TULALIP TRIBES
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Native Preference to hiring shall apply to the Tulalip Tribal job opportunities
Department: Tulalip Police
Job Summary: Will be responsible for the following areas: Policy and Procedure Development, Administrative Investigation of Personnel Complaints, Pre-Employment Backgrounds Investigations, and Internal Systems Audit. Responsible for review, development, and revision of Department policy for compatibility with established industry best practices, Tribal Policy, Tribal Codes, Federal, and State laws, accreditation standards and developing new policy as needed to meet those standards. Maintains an updated Department policy manual consistent with accreditation and legal updates, in addition to researching, developing and recommending technology upgrades to improve Department efficiencies. Responsible for the investigation of allegations and complaints relating to substandard job performance and/or misconduct of members of the Tulalip Tribal Police Department. Responsible for conducting background investigations for police officer candidates, civilian job applicants, and potential volunteers to determine eligibility. Responsible for managing and directing the Department’s recruitment efforts for new and lateral entry police applicants. Conduct audits of required areas within the Department and determine whether recommendations made during the audit process are implemented. Evaluate, research and document options regarding programs, training, equipment, and/or personnel changes affecting the police department and its delivery of service to the public.
- High School Diploma- required
- BA in Criminal Justice and/or a combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of BA.
Minimum Related Experience
- Three (3) years supervisory or management experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience with administrative office duties
- Two (2) years’ experience working within Tribal government operations and familiar with codes, laws, and regulations. Knowledge and experience with Tribal Communities.
- One (1) year Personnel/Human Resources investigation experience or successfully completed the probationary period as a Tulalip Police Sergeant.
- One (1) year working experience in policy development.
- Must pass written essay examination
- Must be an enrolled Tulalip Tribal Member.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation, national check on fingerprints, WASIC, and NCIC records.
- Must successfully pass a polygraph exam administered by a polygraph examiner designated by TPD.
- Must successfully pass a psychological evaluation by a psychologist designated by TPD.
- Must be a United States Citizen or an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
- Must not have been arrested for, or convicted of, any crime of violence of which any disposition exist except not guilty.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony crime or domestic violence.
- WA State Driver’s License and must adhere to the Tribal Insurance Policy. (Abstract Required)
- Must disclose any use, possession, or sale of any illegal drugs during lifetime. Applicant’s drug use will be assessed by TPD
- Employment is contingent upon successful passing the Tulalip Police Department pre-employment background check to include polygraph examination.
Terms of Employment: This position is full-time and requires 40 hours per week or 2080 hours per year.
Date Needed By: 8/25/19