Finance Specialist I
Finance Specialist I
- Req No:
- Closing Date:
- December 5, 2021
The Tulalip Tribes
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Indian Preference in hiring shall apply to Tulalip Tribal job opportunities according to our Preference Code.
Tribal Department: Finance
Job Summary: This position provides financial support where assigned. Process and convert purchase orders in accordance with department policies and procedures. Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Review of receipt of verifications, receipts and invoices with supporting backup of processed checks. Receipting payments on customer accounts, preparing deposits and reconciling daily receipting. Monitor expenditures from tribal departments to ensure compliance with budgetary restrictions. Process all necessary steps to ensure monthly distributions are accurately and timely. Ensure that all files are up to date and assist with bi-weekly Payroll runs. Ensure that all bank accounts are reconciled and to maintain the safeguarding of all funds at all times through Positive Pay fraud protection. Will maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with department policies and generally accepted accounting practices.
Compensation: $19.82 hr.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of a community college or business school bookkeeping program. preferred
Minimum Related Experience
- One (1) year of experience utilizing customer relations skills.
- One (1) year of experience dealing with confidential matters and documentation.
- One (1) year accounting experience to include; AP, AR, Payroll, Loan processing, or Bank Reconciliation.
- One (1) year of experience of PC skills to include Microsoft Windows: Excel, Word and 10 Key.
- One (1) year of experience extracting data from an accounting system.
- Must be bondable
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check
Terms of Employment: This is a regular Full-Time position