- Req No:
- NATURAL RESOURCES
- Closing Date:
- September 26, 2021
The Tulalip Tribes
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Indian Preference in hiring shall apply to Tulalip Tribal job opportunities according to our Preference Code.
Tribal Department: Environmental
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the continued development and implementation of wetland program components including updating and managing the wetland inventory database, conducting wetlands surveys, assessing wetland and stream functions, and proposing environmental code updates. Responsibilities will also include performing wetland delineations for other Tribal Departments, assessing the impacts proposed developments may have on wetlands, designing and implementing wetland restoration and mitigation projects, monitoring project performance and representing the Tulalip Tribes on wetland planning processes. Other responsibilities include the completion of an annual report documenting accomplishments and future needs, the supervision of technical staff who may be assigned to wetland related projects, procurement of outside funding for position and restoration work, and management of grants and Tribal funds used to implement the program. Some program components may require coordination with other Tribal departments (e.g., Forestry and Planning) that have overlapping interests. Responsibilities also include implementing Tribal personnel and procurement policies.
Minimum Required Education
- B.S. Degree in Wetland Science, Natural Resource Management or related field
- M.S. Degree preferred
Minimum Related Experience
- Five (5) years of experience in wetland management related activities
- Two (2) years of experience in delineating, classifying, and assessing wetlands
- One (1) year of experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring wetland mitigation or restoration projects
- One (1) year of supervisory experience
- Experience and knowledge of local, state and federal permitting processes
- Experience in GIS programs such as Arc/Map, GPS equipment, and MS Office programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- WA State Driver’s License and must adhere to the Motor Vehicle Regulation (Abstract Required)
- Wetland Delineation Certification required
- Must pass an Agility exam to determine if physically capable of performing the job
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Terms of Employment: This is a regular full-time position.