The Tulalip Tribes
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Indian Preference in hiring shall apply to Tulalip Tribal job opportunities according to our Preference Code.
DEPARTMENT: Environment-Natural Cultural Resources
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, coordination, design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of conservation and restoration stewardship projects within the Tribes “usual and accustomed area” (U&A). The primary emphasis for this position is riparian restoration (including invasive species management and planting of native vegetation) along with other stewardship activities on lands owned by Tulalip and managed by the Environmental Department for salmon habitat and natural process function. Responsible for management of grants and Tribal funds used to implement stewardship and restoration projects. Responsible to help develop and implement a land stewardship strategy for Environmental Department managed lands, along with any associated stewardship monitoring. Assist other programs and staff with restoration projects, and will manage fish passage barrier removal and salmon habitat enhancement projects.
COMPENSATION: $28.79 hr.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION
- Bachelor Degree in fisheries science, aquatic ecology, forest ecology, biology, wetland, environmental science, or natural resources-oriented field.
MINIMUM RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years working in a natural resources-oriented field.
- One (1) year working with or for a natural resources project implementation crew.
- Two (2) years working in a supervisory role. preferred
- One (1) year experience in conservation land stewardship maintenance. preferred
- WA State Driver’s License and must adhere to the Motor Vehicle Regulation (Personal Automobile Insurance & Abstract Required)
- Must complete an Agility exam to determine if physically capable of performing job duties
- Pesticide/SPI License for herbicide application. Must complete within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a regular Full-Time position.